Sunday, February 27, 2011

Last month John and I enjoyed 4 days visiting friends in beautiful, warm Arizona while Scott and Erica Brenay watched our 4 kids.
This week was our turn to pay them back by watching their 4 kids while they enjoyed 4 days in Arizona.
The first two days I was feeling awesome.... got through all the drop off/ pick up madness.
The weather outside was actually nice so the kids ran and played outside with the neighbors after school... no biggie, I can handle this!
But then we had 2 days of crumby weather... freezing rain, snow, and COLD wind... no one wanted to go outside. So what do 8 kids and 1 mom do on a Saturday snowed in...
We had already worn out the play doh, coloring, Legos, and wii soooo we
PAINTED ROCKS... had to get real creative.
found out that the Brenay kids all have slippery fingers.
One by one each Brenay kid (except Owen) dropped their rock
and of course it had to fall from shirt to pant to sock to floor...
I tried scrubbing it all out, sorry Erica:)

I'm not clapping because I'm so happy...
I'm actually rolling balls of pb cookie dough together in my hands
gotta feed the animals...
shocking how much food it takes to feed 8 kids
Ashlee made registration forms for the other kids to sign up for daily activities taught by her.
Today was Karate with Ashlee
imagine 8 kids doing karate in your living room, each one trying to be the loudest;)
So glad we have this fun family living so close (love them to pieces) but so glad we live at different houses!
Don't know how my mom and dad put up with 8 kids on a daily basis...
I have a new respect for them.

No comments: