Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MOUSE IN THE HOUSE!!!

So this is what I came home to this afternoon. John was home watching the kids while I ran a few errands "kid free". I walked in the door to find a blockade of cardboard boxes in front of my bedroom. The kids were all on the bed with sticks and other sharp objects. They all screamed in unison, "there's a mouse in your bedroom"... John was looking really tough in his work out attire and boots holding a broom and plastic bowl... nice. So of course my newly trained blogging mind forced me into action and I ran to grab my camera.
First, it was under the chair...Then, it was behind the side table...After a few minutes of stressful hunting, we finally cornered the tiny mouse into this towel stuffed box. We walked the box down the street to an open field but the peace of mind of it never returning to our house wasn't satisfied by that...so we agreed on a dumpster near by. Doubt got the best of me, so before dumping it I had to see with my own eyes that it was really in the box. I carefully opened the flaps and moved the towel around a little with a stick... the mouse nearly jumped out on Royce's head as he passed by oblivious to any danger - I screamed "Yep, it's in there... get rid of it."

My theory as to how a mouse got in the house: It was a beautiful day outside, mid 70's. I spent the morning catching up on some much needed cleaning around the house. The boys were in the back yard playing, so I left the back door open all morning to let the cool breeze flow in and also to hear if my boys got into trouble. A mouse must have snuck its way in during those hours of the door being open... shiver down my spine!

1 comment:

Amy Asay Keele said...

HahhaHA! That's so funny! I love all the pics of the drama. Glad you got it too. Too cute!! Miss you guys. xoxo