Although we miss having family around especially on holidays, I am so thankful for my little family and that we are able to have so much fun together even when it is just us. I am thankful for my loving, caring, hard working, sensitive, funny, handsome husband who treats me like a queen- he is my best friend forever. I am thankful for our 4 beautiful, healthy, energetic, funny, smart children - they are my life. Even though I don't always see this as a blessing, I am thankful that I am able to stay home and be a mom to my kids while they are young - I just hope that I can realize the joy of it before they all grow up. I'm thankful for John's job which provides for all of our needs and then so much more - we have been so blessed. I am thankful for my family and for John's family - they love and support us in everything we do. I'm thankful that my moms surgery went well and that she is on the road to recovery and that she sounds like our "mom" again. I'm thankful for the gospel- without it there would be no meaning to my life. I'm thankful for my friends, some new and some from my early childhood - they listen to me vent and help me see the comedy in life... life would be so much harder with out friends. I'm thankful for the country we live in- despite all the negative we can say, we truly are blessed to live in this great land. I'm thankful for my nice home and the good schools that my children are able to go to. I am thankful for the quiet, peaceful moments at night when I get to relax with my husband, read a book, catch up on some cleaning or blog our family memories. I'm thankful that I didn't throw up after the Turkey Trot this morning when I felt like I was going to and I'm so very thankful for my life - I have a good one!
14 years ago

2 comments:
The biggest amount of "trotting" I did this weekend was from the kitchen to the couch.....so relaxing! You are super woman Rach! I am major jealous of your no cooking, no mess, no overload Thanksgiving!! Consider me being thankful for you keeping me feeling closer to home.
Rachel, you are so sweet! What a great entry. Your Thanksgiving looks fun--good family restaurant choice. I'm grateful for you all--I love you guys!
p.s. I love your blog's style. I totally would have chosen the same thing!
Post a Comment