Sydney, Ashlee, and Natalee wearing their fancy bowling shoes...

All the little
girly cousins...

We tried getting the same type of picture with all the boy cousins... no sign of Nate anywhere, Ryan and Jason where sleeping, Royce just would not cooperate. Needless to say, it didn't work out.

On a positive note...we found a perfect time-out spot for Royce.

SLEDDING AT SOLDIER HOLLOW...


Jad and Royce didn't leave these tubes until we were done sledding for the day...

There was relief for the rest of us though...once our tube was attached to the rope pull we sat back and relaxed while it pulled us up the hill...


Royce hung in there till the end...
Jad went back to the lodge a little early due to some frozen little toes or maybe he just wanted to sit by the fire and sip on a
gatorade...


Everyone joined soon after to warm up...

Ashlee and Sydney were inseparable throughout the entire trip.

Uncle Matt
puttin' out the vibe...

All tuckered out. That was a fun day!

NEW YEARS EVE... some fireworks for the kiddos...


All the grand kids except for one... We miss you Liam!!!

A cousins slumber party at Grandma's... A few of the little ones made it back to the comfort of their parents room in the middle of the night. At some point I ended up sleeping down here next to
Jad. I guess he was a little scared but still wanted to be down with all the "big" kids... Oh, my aching back.

NEW YEARS MORNING... John had a
brilliant idea to pull the kids around on a tube behind the 4 wheeler. Caleb was recruited to make some jumps...

Matt tested the track out on his snow board...

He even caught a little air...

Soon all the kids where dressed in their snow attire waiting for a ride on the tube...

They had great fun!
Jad couldn't get enough...

Some of the
girly girls stayed inside to make pretty paper covered notebooks with Grandma and Aunt Emily.

One of the highlights of the trip for me was to be reunited with one of my very best friends, Kim (Dickerson) Taylor. I attribute staying out of too much trouble growing up to the good friends that I had. We were inseparable in our younger years. I hadn't seen Kim for probably 10 years before this trip. We got together with our families and it was so much fun to see our husbands and children interact with each other...

Little did we know that we each had a 7 year old little girl, Ashlee and Paige, who seemed to hit it off automatically. I have wanted to get in touch with her for so long but was afraid of what to say... there is so much joy in finding an old friend and welcoming them into your life again!
Ok, I cringed about 8 times while going through old pictures to find one of me, Kim, and Katie together... man, I wish someone had introduced me to a set of
tweezers about 10 years prior to High School...whew, I have some pictures that just need to be burned! This is us in High School - we were quite the catch... hahaha! Sometimes I really miss the good ol' days.
7 comments:
Oh, this is so sweet, Rach'. I loved seeing all the kiddos. Wasn't it just yesterday that we were those same cousins? I miss being little...
I was bummed I never got to see you guys. New Years day I was going to drive out to Alpine but, Lily was tuckered out and teething.....boo. :(
Love you lots,
Breezy
rachel! is was great spending time with you guys! i am glad you made it home safe, and can't wait to see you again.
Ra, thanks so much for postin these! Ahhhh, sad, I want to be there! I'm so glad you had such a great time--it made your long trip worth it. The kids are all so cute. Liam missed playing with Roycie and the other cuzes. Fun, fun.
hi rachel! it's carrie (your cousin). i just saw that you commented on kjirsten's blog and i thought i'd take a peek at yours. your family is so beautiful!
and thanks for the christmas card! i always want to send one to all of the cousins but it gets a little pricey with our HUGE family, so i just send them to the aunts and uncles.
glad to see you're doing well! i wish i kept in better touch with extended family. blogs are good for that. i'll probably peak in to see what's up with your fam every once in awhile! hope you don't mind.
Hey Rachel!
Like Carrie- I too blog hopped here from Kj's blog! I can't believe how big and beautiful your kids are!! I loved your post and seeing all the cousins together and all the fun snow action- they're all so big! I just sent you a new year's card with our blog address on it. Can I add you to my list of people we spy on? Tell your fam hi from Mike, Caroline and the gang.
Hi! Its cousin Sarah. Apparently its a trend in our family to blog hop, but what are they for if not that, right?! It was so fun to get to see pics of all the Kim Asay grandkids (we missed Liam too). I can't believe how old they've all gotten! I'm glad things are going well for you...we miss all of you guys!
Hey Rach,
Looks like the rest of my family has already hopped over here . . . guess I'm a little slow! I just loved getting to see so many "Kim and Deenie" family all in one post! Looks like you guys had one exciting time over the holidays! Being with family is the BEST! I miss everybody so much . . . it feels like ages since we've all been together!
Post a Comment