Sunday, January 25, 2009

A visit from Grandma and Gramps Asay

Grandma and Grandpa Asay came to Arizona to enjoy a relaxing week of sunshine and warm weather. Gettin' their daily dose of vitamin D...Jad and Royce soon became obsessed with "Gramps" (as they were soon calling him). They took tabs on where Gramps was at all times. A friendly wrestling match and a game of lift-me-up-high turned into a game of hide-and-seek as Gramps quickly found out the boys persistence and stamina could last all night. We found Gramps hiding in the pantry taking deep breaths and dripping with sweat... so much for the relaxing week in the sun.
We visited the school Science Fair one evening and enjoyed looking at Myla and Ashlee's projects among many others.
I remember doing a Science Fair project in 5th grade on how clouds are formed... I think I remember winning a table lamp for that one - some prize, ehh.Dinner at The Cheese Cake Factory...Bedtime stories with Grandma.
We love you Grandma and Gramps! Come visit us anytime.

3 comments:

kjirsten said...

Really sweet Rach . . . grandparents are the BEST!

Amy Asay Keele said...

Awh, Ra, you guys are so lucky that you're so close like that + you've got the warm, healthy weather! Mom told me that she felt very comfortable there with you. Good job, Ra! We're next :-)

Owen said...

I can't quit laughing as I picture your dad hiding in the pantry all sweaty! Wish I had a pantry to hide in sometimes.