Saturday, January 17, 2009

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

We've been living the "white trash" lifestyle for a few months too long... so this weekend John decided to rent a tractor to help speed up the endless list of "to do" items for finishing our garage... I think by doing this, he wasn't helping our "white trash" image out at all... I was terrified as I watched him on this big blue muscle machine... flash backs to the last time he attempted to do yard work on a bobcat... long story short, he rammed a hole in the side of our house. I was sure the tractor could do far worse damage than the bobcat... possibly knock our house completely off its foundation... The boys were mesmerized as they watched dad go to work on this machine. I'm sure a blue tractor is now on both of their wish lists...
This picture was taken just after John told me to stop taking snap shots of him on the tractor... apparently I was embarrassing him and he couldn't focus...(snicker)
79 degree weather, plenty of dirt and mud, tons of rocks, several of their favorite cars and trucks, and a tractor side show... HEAVEN for two little boys!
This would be my nice, new drive way cut down the middle to connect sewer and electric to the garage...
Our water line was cut when they dug the trench for power and sewer so this is our new water line nicely laying out in our front yard...
I'm sure our neighbors just love us...
Good news...it gets painted today!
Ya! Finally all painted and looking more like the rest of the home...
Can't wait to get all the clutter out of my house and up on to my new storage shelves... Well, no major injuries or accidents from the tractor to report... so I'd have to call it another good, happy, productive Saturday at the Durling home.

2 comments:

Owen said...

I definitley think the blue tractor would do a considerable amount of damage to your house if the driver became distracted by saaaaay, a woman snapping pictures of him or something. PS...I love that you went with the more non-traditional tractor color of blue. Yellow is so yesterday.

Eric said...

The garage looks great! Nice work!